We have two more Giveaways for you before True Blood Season 6 begins. This time, we are giving away a total of six (6) copies of the book titled, “If you Like True Blood” by Dave Thompson. This book is just one in a popular series by Thompson where he has written about such topics as Monty Python, The Beatles, Les Zeppelin, and The Sopranos. His latest, takes on True Blood. Dave is quoted as nursing a secret vein of gothic fascination and has amassed a vast library of vampire-related books and movies, which are kept in a suitably dark room.
If You Like True Blood . . . is a popular history of vampires in classical and popular culture, by an author who has been reading and watching such things since high school, and who seriously believes The Hunger is one of the best things David Bowie has ever done. With chapters embracing silent movies and modern erotica, mist-shrouded myth, and Gothic rock, If You Like True Blood . . . transports the reader from the moss-drenched wilds of Louisiana to the mountain haunts of Transylvania, via introductions to some of history and literature’s most accomplished bloodsuckers. More than 200 new-to-you stories, movies, adventures, and eccentricities are staked out in the sunlight. Exclusive interview material stirs fresh plasma into the pot, and selections from the authors own collection of vampirabilia are among the many illustrations. Anne Rice, Peter Cushing, Sookie Stackhouse, Screamin Jay Hawkins, Marvel Comics, Bram Stokers Draculaall flit not-so-silently through these pages; Vlad the Impaler, the Countess Bathory, Mina Harker, and Roman Polanski, too. In addition, authoritative appendices offer up a guide to best movie, TV, and literary vampires out there. If You Like True Blood . . . may not grant you eternal life, but it knows plenty of people who can.
“If you Like True Blood . . .” by Dave Thompson, $16.99 offers all kinds of suggestions for the Sookie Stackhouse fan for reading and viewing. From Anne Rice, Doctor Who, Alice Cooper and the Addams Family enter other worlds of the undead. More than 200 stories, movies and eccentricities are staked out for your pleasure.
So, how can you get your hands on this book? Once again, it’s “easy peasy”! All you have to do is answer this question below:
What fascinates you about vampires?
Post your answer in the comments under this post. And, remember “Creativity Counts!”
- Time-frame: Saturday, June 1 to Thurdsay, June 6 (Pacific Time) 12 noon.
- Prize: Book: If You Like True Blood, by Dave Thompson
- Question: Tell us what fascinates you about vampires?
- Answers: Post your answer in the comments below BEFORE 12 noon (Pacific time) on June 6; after this time comments will be closed on this post.
- Announcement of the winner: Shadaliza and Lynnpd will review all the comments and pick out the six who have given the best replies to the question.
- Notification: We will notify the winner via email, so be sure to leave a your email address, and then, the publishers will be sent your address and they will mail you your prize. We will also post the information here on The Vault with the results announcing you to the world.
- World-wide shipping
GOOD LUCK TRUBIES! LET THE COMMENTING BEGIN!