On Friday, April 15, the Toyota Charity Ball – a gala, black-tie event – is presented by and benefits the Grand Prix Foundation. The star-studded evening includes cocktails, dinner, entertainment and silent and live auctions. This year’s Charity Ball will take place at the Westin Long Beach with a cocktail party and silent auction commencing at 6 p.m. and dinner, dancing and the live auction getting underway at 7:30 p.m.
The Grand Prix Foundation of Long Beach likes to put on a great party! Long Beach’s official launch of the 2011 Toyota Grand Prix, in which Stephen Moyer will participate, kicks off this week with the city’s hottest party, all to benefit Long Beach children’s charities.
Ticket prices are $150 per person or $1200 for a table of eight and include a four-course formal sit-down dinner, which begins at 7:30 p.m., dancing to the local live band, Squeeze Box, and access to live auction items. Indycar Series and Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach drivers and Pro/Celebrity drivers will be on-hand for photos and autographs. Additional celebrity guests will also be attending.
The Toyota Grant Prix Charity Ball night’s charitable contributions are a result of a premium live auction and more than 60 silent auction items including travel, race enthusiast collections, and other lifestyle items:
- An entry on the starting line in the 2012 Toyota Pro/Celebrity race, including training and activities with racing professionals and celebrities
- A ride on the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach Circuit in a two-seat Indy Car with Indy Racing Experience
- One-of-a-kind IZOD Indycar Series driver autographed helmet
- Edmonton Indy race package — including hotel, race tickets and VIP passes
- 2012 Charity Days package: entry into the Toyota Grand Prix Golf Tournament Toyota Grand Prix Charity Ball and three-day race attendance
- Original Randy Owens painting “Ryan’s Charge” autographed by Ryan Hunter-Reay 2010
- Toyota Pro/celebrity Race Helmet autographed by all of the 2010 participants donated by Brian Austin Green
Toyota Grant Prix Charity Ball Silent auction items include:
- a pace car ride during this year’s Toyota Grand Prix Race,
- two nights in any Westin hotel applicable anywhere in the world;
- golf packages,
- library wine collections, celebrity
- and racecar driver signed collector’s items,
- as well as artwork, restaurant, and spa packages.
- Also, attendees can own the jacket worn by Megan Fox in “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen,” autographed by the actress
- Brian Austin Green has donated his helmet from the 2010 Toyota Pro Celebrity Race autographed by all of the race’s drivers including Adrien Brody, Keanu Reeves, Tony Hawk and Christian Slater.
Proceeds from this year’s Toyota Grant Prix Charity Ball benefit Memorial Miller Children’s Hospital, Children’s Hospital of Orange County, The Robert E. Leslie Scholarship Fund, and the Grand Prix Foundation Scholarship Fund among other Long Beach children’s charities.
Limited tickets available, call: (562) 490-4509, visit Facebook [search: Toyota Grand Prix Charity Ball], or follow them on Twitter @TGPCharityBall.
source: Toyota-Grand-Prix-Charity-Ball on Facebook