Regardless of where Stephen Moyer’s new Fox series, “Shots Fired” is to take place (see our post about Tennessee vs. North Carolina) we do know that the series will be shot in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Steve fan @therealRhondda has been doing some sleuthing about the production and she reports to us the following:
- the series starts filming next week and will continue through July!
- The Tona B. Dahlquist Casting Co. is hiring extras for the Charlotte area
- We’ve also read that the intention is for the show to air sometime in 2016, probably this fall.
- Will Patton (November Man) joins the cast as a series regular role as per Deadline. Patton will play Sheriff Daniel Platt, whose precinct and an officer under his command are investigated after a police shooting.
- The series previously had the title of “Indictment” and Shots Fired, from 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Imagine Television, is written and executive produced by Prince-Bythewood and Reggie Rock Bythewood, with Prince-Bythewood set to direct. Imagine’s Grazer and Francie Calfo also will serve as executive producers. David Madden, President, Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company says “This is not only an important story to tell, but also an explosive mystery-thriller, and we couldn’t be in better hands both with the creative team behind this, along with the very talented Sanaa Lathan leading the cast.”
As more news becomes available we’ll be sure to post about it and will soon create our Movie & TV Page where all info about the series will be posted.