News on Flack – As we reported earlier this week, Anna Paquin and her fellow CASM producers are in London now and have begun working on the new series they will be producing together with POP TV titled, Flack.
AllStephenMoyer.com fans are always anxious to know everything they can about what’s up with CASM productions, so below are a few more tidbits about the series that we’ve learned today from AVTToday.
- Flack reflects on the brutal reality and complexities of modern life where problems can go viral in an instant.
- With PR serving as the perfect backdrop to explore these complexities, the storyline centers on an American PR executive living in London (Paquin) who must figure out how to make the best of bad situations and somehow manage to get out unscathed.
- The programme is the first UKTV co-commission with an American broadcaster. The series is co-commissioned with US network Pop and co-produced by Hat Trick Productions and Anna Paquin’s production company CASM Films.
- The series was created by Oliver Lansley who will also executive produce.
- Lead director of Flack will be Peter Cattaneo, director of the BAFTA-winning BBC Two comedy Rev.
- The production starts this spring and is due to air on “W” in 2019.
Richard Watsham, UKTV’s director of commissioning says:
“It’s very exciting to announce Flack as the first original drama for W – it marks a new chapter in the ever-expanding story of UKTV’s move into original programming. The response from independent producers to our call out for distinctive drama has been incredible and as well as moving into production on Flack, we are now developing a growing number of original drama series for Alibi and Drama.” –