Attending the Stephen Moyer's WEEV Launch at Comic Con 2014
I attended the launch of Stephen Moyer's new APP, "WEEV" at the Wired Cafe. It was an invitation only event held at the Wired Cafe at the Omni Hotel in San Diego, CA.
As the Finale of True Blood’s season 5 is about to be seen by everyone, True Blood’s creator, Alan Ball says “Thank You” to the fans and all those who have been such supporters of the show during his tenure as Showrunner.
Join Alan Ball in a Live Q&A at HBO Connect on Monday, August 27 at 2pm ET. Submit questions now: http://itsh.bo/RJNNhy
I'll add my best wishes to Alan Ball for his future projects, and for life in general. Mr. Ball had the forsight and he insight to cast Stephen Moyer as Bill Compton. I owe him a debt of gratitude for bringing that extraordinary character into my home for 12 Sundays every summer, as well as the added bonus of discovering Mr. Moyer, and becoming his devoted fan. I will earnestly endeavor to refrain from feeling any resentment for what occurred in the Season 5 finale. Right now I am grieving inconsolably for the Bill that I have loved and admired for 4+ seasons. I cannot understand why he had to cease to be. Since Mr. Ball's departure concides with Bill's transformation, I cannot plead my case for his reincarnation here. I will hope for the best, and try to trust that the noblest and most worthy vampire in TB will somehow return.
I’d like to thank Alan Ball for:
1. Not adhering verbatim to the books therefore making TrueBlood better
2. Thinking outside the box and giving us something different to watch
3. Following his own path and not caving into pressure from any lunatic fringe fandom
4. Keeping TrueBlood geared towards adults
5. Most importantly casting Stephen Moyer as my beloved Bill Compton and bringing him into my home every Sunday night and then some
6. Keeping his word not to marginalize Bill as he was in the books, which made no sense whatsoever
7. Overall just doing a great job
While you may not be there on a daily basis it is good to know you will still have a finger in the True Blood pie. I feel confident you have laid the groundwork for future season(s).
Thank you Alan and best wishes in your future projects.
I have always said if I ever am lucky and meet Alan Ball which I doubt I will, the first thing out of my mouth wil be:
Thank you for casting Stephen Moyer as Bill.
Second: Thanks for True Blood - my favorite show of all time, it and Steve in it have brought me such joy.
I wish Alan much success on his future projects.